Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"We get a thrill from clapping our hands"

I considered posting an album track from Calvin Harris' new record, but I am too addicted to this single not to write about it. It's by far my favorite track he's released so far. Everything about it is what a 2009 dance record should sound like, even the over-the-top diva chorus (which usually isn't my thing in these types of songs). The album itself is surprisingly good. Surprisingly, because I've never really gotten Calvin Harris before. His singles were alright, but nothing that really blew me away. This time around he's more consistent and poppier than ever, and it suits him well. Certainly recommended. But what the hell is the lady saying in the chorus to this song? Sounds like "Ooh, I've got gum on my shoes," though that's obviously not right. Right?

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

1 Comments:

Blogger Feathers said...

I had to listen just to hear the "gum on my shoes" lyric...I'm pretty sure she's saying "I put on my shoes." Nonetheless, I don't think I could ever hear it again without thinking of your version.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home