Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"They will not control us"

My thoughts on the new Muse single? MASSIVE. They keep getting funkier and funkier with their lead singles. It's not a direction I imagined them going in after Absolution, but the spacey electro sound suits them perfectly. With Uprising, they're very nearly in Scissor Sisters territory, as weird as that comparison may sound. The tracks starts out sounding like the theme song to an old sci-fi show before a Goldfrappish glam disco beat kicks in. It's a dang near perfect track and really makes me anxious for the album. I've often thought that Muse would be the perfect band to soundtrack a cool sci-fi/action movie. In fact, I played Map of the Problematique just last Sunday with this in mind. They have a gift for the epic. I love it.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the new album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

Nice track. I'm really looking forward to the new album. There should be some great fall music this year to hopefully pick up the slack of a slightly slower year.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Tell me about it! This summer's drought of new music plus an extremely busy summer job have made blogging so difficult!
Glad you like this song. I'm getting rather obsessed. I hope the album is as good.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home