Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"It's gonna burn us alive"

Dragonette's second album comes out today in Canada and Australia. I already took my twenty minute drive up to BC to snag a copy, though the band was nice enough to supply me with the album for review in my email today (and review it I shall, when I've had some time to digest it). Though I've only listened to the album once on the way home today, I wanted to post a song so that you can get an idea of how amazing this band is if you've never heard of them before. Any track from the album would display this, but Liar really stuck out to me on first listen. It's a little more subdued than other album tracks, but has a really pretty melody that reminds me in parts of Lykke Li's I'm Good, I'm Gone. Oh, and if you haven't seen it already, check out the video for Boys & Girls (with Martin Solveig). It's one of my favorites of the year.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i'm dying to listen to this. Sadly it's all over the file share sites but I feel I must wait for a legitimate copy!!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah the more I listen to it the more I like it. Definitely an exciting release, and worth getting the physical cd for the cover alone!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home