Your Ad Here

Monday, September 14, 2009

"We're gonna have a good time"

What else is there to say about the VMAs that hasn't been covered already? Performance wise, it was by far the best in recent memory, though still not up to its past glory. Gaga was brilliant, as expected. Beyonce was better than I thought she'd be (both creatively and personally), and Kanye made yet another case for why he is the biggest shithead in entertainment right now. I wish he and his overrated music would just go away. The real highlight for me, though, was the MJ tribute, featuring one of my favorite performers of all time... Janet Jackson. Words can't describe how much I adore her, and she didn't disappoint (though I wish there had been more of her). Better yet, after the show was over, she posted this new song (single?) on her website. Make Me is poppier than anything she's done for years, with a wicked electro/disco beat and a chorus that riffs on her brother's classic Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. I'm not sure if this will be released to radio, but if it's any indication of the direction for the next album, I am totally psyched.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

3 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

LOVING this as well--it makes me really excited for her next album. I'm not the Janet fan you are, but this is right up there with her best material from this decade for me.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Agreed. A mix between this style, Rhythm Nation and Velvet Rope would be intense. I have such high hopes. Hopefully she doesn't disappoint.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Love love loving it - makes me love Janet all over again. I never fell out of love, but have been a bit hurt and disillusioned lately. This though is quite stunning.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home