Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"If you know the moves, yeah yeah"

Ok guys, so I'm not dead, despite the unplanned two day absence. I actually killed my back somehow (mysteriously) and couldn't stand, let alone type up a blog for nearly two days. Good times.
Anyway, I'm better now and back with a song covered on the fabulous Poster Girl earlier today. Like Miss PPG, I am a huge fan of Linda Sundblad's debut album and have eagerly awaited the next one. Now the launch single has been released and, though slightly denser in sound than I was expecting, it does not disappoint. Almost better than the schizo-melody of To All My Girls, though, is the unglamorous (but entertaining as hell) retro music video. The dancing alone is pretty crazy. Because of this (and because I don't have an mp3 yet), I'm linking to the video rather than the song. Sundblad looks remarkably un-popstarish (the outfits and styling do her no favors) but the attitude is 100% there. And I'm psyched that she didn't go rocky with this single. In fact, it's even more electronic than her previous releases.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

oh no to your back! How's it doing now?! How awful :( Take care with that!

And oh yay to the song. It's rather brilliant isn't it>

12:41 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah it was weird. I don't remember doing anything to it but it was ridiculous for a day or two there. Much better now!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home