Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Highway to the stars tonight"

I'm a sucker for aliens, especially songs about aliens. And after the semi-recent tabloid stories about Robbie Williams going on an "aliens are out there" rant, the subject matter of his latest bonus track, Arizona, is especially clever. Not only that, but the song itself has a moody electronic feel that hearkens back to his Rudebox days while at the same time expanding the aural palette. It's an epic little tune, especially for a b-side. Very cinematic. I wanted to write about this today not only because I love it, but because I wanted to repeat how much I'm loving the album as a whole. It's a very strong comeback, and the public should treat it as such.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

It's neck and neck at the mo with JLS but i suspect (as I said on my blog) that many JLS fans are buying the album first week and then it will dip. robbie will have legs and be appreciated over a longer period. It's a wonderful album and one of my faves of the year...

5:18 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

It seems tailor made for the holiday season.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home