Your Ad Here

Monday, December 07, 2009

Aura - I Will Love You Monday (365)

"Running around and going nowhere"

Aura Dione's been riding high on the charts in Denmark for some time now, but I haven't paid her much attention because her singles thus far were a little downtempo for me. Now, though, she's come out with I Will Love You Monday, a ridiculously catchy trifle that is deservedly finding much success in Europe. It's the type of song that could become annoying pretty quickly (and sounds like it should be in a commercial) but is absolutely irresistible at the same time. I'm not even sure how to describe it. It has that Winehouse/Duffy 60's sound to it, but it's much stranger than that, and certainly more frenetic. The "dum dum dee" parts are just inescapable, and although the song's a totally different beast, reminiscent of Miley Cyrus' Hoedown Throwdown. Seriously, though, there's nothing Disney about this.

Aura - I Will Love You Monday

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home