Your Ad Here

Friday, January 29, 2010

Star Pilots - I'm Alive


"I will walk the walk of life forever young"

Straight-up cheeseball dance for you today because, well... it's a Friday, and it's been a long day! Sweden's Star Pilots are coming off of a string of three fantastically overblown clubpop singles and now, after many months of waiting, we get to hear something new. As of now, I've gotta say this is the weakest of their singles. It's definitely got that huge Star Pilots sound, but the melody this time around is a bit lacking. And, let's face it, when it comes to cheesy pop music like this, the melody is key. Otherwise it ends up sounding far too much like everything else. Putting my quibbles aside, though, I still love this group's go-for-the-jugular, overblown sound. No one's going to accuse them of spectacular artistry, but that's not what this is about. This is about big for big's sake. Higher choruses, faster beats and a sense that you can do anything, even if it is only for a couple of minutes.

Star Pilots - I'm Alive by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their old single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger D'luv said...

I have woefully overlooked these guys, though I did raise an eyebrow over their first single...uh...whatever it was called. They kind of the Queen of Swedepop with this one, no?

It makes me think of "I want it all...I want it all..and I want it now." OK, off to get tanked. Ciao!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Sadly you are right - it's not quite as brilliant as the other tracks. Still i'm pleased they are still going.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

In The Heat Of The Night was their big hit, though I liked their Melodifestivalen entry Higher just as much (maybe more). They're taking forever to record an album, though. Funny thing is, all their songs follow basically the same template, so it shouldn't really take that long, right?

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Jes said...

Yeah Higher & In the Heat of the Night are fantastic!

Really though, where is the album! They have like 4 songs right? (The One and Only is the only other one i know...)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, I've only heard four songs. There seems to be a long gestation period for each one! Based on their track record, we'll probably have an album around 2015 :)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home