Your Ad Here

Monday, February 08, 2010

The Dirty Disco - Sista!


"Sista, you're making me feel like I've got something worth living for"

Sometimes a band is birthed into the world fully-formed with a sound and image all their own. Without any corporate fiddling, The Dirty Disco have managed to construct something that's as polished and professional as it is artsy and avant garde. With this type of band, it's important to have a dynamic frontman, and they certainly have one in lead singer Adam. He's (and I mean this in the best possible way) an absolutely bat-shit crazy performer. Add to that a sound that's half Gaga, half The Ark, and I was converted into a major fan about ten seconds into the song. Sista! mixes glam, electro, punk, and pop into a perfect cocktail. White Room, another song on their myspace, may be even better. Rather than post an mp3, I thought it was important to embed the music video, because this is a visual band if I've ever seen one. Like all of my favorite artists, they put a lot of effort and thought into their image. I've also attached their cover of Florence & The Machine's terrific Rabbit Heart, which is tweaked into a dramatic electro opus. The single is out on the 22nd of this month, followed by an album sometime in the future. It can't come quickly enough.



The Dirty Disco - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

oh my god, that's so much better than what i said about them, yet is what I wanted to say about them. Kudos to you sir!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Haha glad my words were able to express how excited I am! I'm so happy that these guys have done a blitz of the blogosphere and are getting the attention they deserve.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous alex said...

Prefer "Sista" over the 2nd song. Prefer is not the right word to use though. ADORE is more like it!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

:) This band is gaining fans by the hour

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home