Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pop Blitz 2/16/10

Cascada - Pyromania
My suggestion to Cascada: take more time between releases to create something a little more original. I could give the same grade to practically any of their songs. Everything sounds the same. This is perhaps a little more obnoxious than usual, though. C-

Eric Saade - Sleepless
Not brand new, but given his success in Melodifestivalen with Manboy (still can't get over that nasty title), I thought I'd give it a review. In a word: better. It's a great pop song. A-

General Larry Platt - Pants On The Ground
As predicted, here's the official version of the song, about a month too late. Funny enough, the production strips all the funny/endearing charm of the "original." Plus, there aren't enough lyrics. He just has to start making up gibberish. It's gone far enough. C

Miley Cyrus - When I Look At You
Aka: The Climb, Part II. Luckily, I quite liked The Climb. She's really got a good thing going with these dramatic, cheesy ballads. I shouldn't like it, but I do. A-

Toni Braxton - Make My Heart
Not gonna do anything to revive her career. This sounds very dated to me. C-

Play - Famous
I was never much of a fan of these girls in the past, and this isn't really gonna change that. It's fine dancepop, I suppose, but the lyrics are bad and the melody's not all that memorable. C

Kris Allen - Alright With Me
Unlike everything else on his album, this track is fantastic. It's got a funkier sound than his last single and a dynamite melody. This could be a very big hit for him. B+

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger D'luv said...

"Pants On The Ground" must be annihilated.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I did love Play but i am not happy with their new song :( Cascada have never really been off autopilot have they, though they can be quite satisfying in the right setting. Addicted to manboy however disturbing/potentially rapey it sounds!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Cascada's first song was alright, but ever since then it's been downhill. Sort of like a one-hit wonder that was somehow allowed to keep making hits. As for Pants on the Ground... even one hit was too much.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home