Your Ad Here

Monday, February 01, 2010

Staygold - Backseat


"Get a job done in the parking lot"

I'm not the first to write about this track, but it's worthy of another mention because it's soon going to be ubiquitous (at least if you live in Sweden - or imaginarily live in Sweden, like me). Staygold are an electro production duo utilizing guest vocalists and performers for their songs. This single features the ever-reliable Salem Al Fakir (under a Prince-like alias Damien Adore) on lead vocals, as well as Spank Rock and Lady Tigra. Come to think of it, the whole thing sounds like a great, long-lost Prince track. From the cheeky lyrics to the funky falsetto, it's more of a pastiche than an original track. But it's fantastic, and ridiculously catchy. The chorus alone has been in my head for the past week, refusing to budge. Beneath all the attitude it's a flawless pop song, simple as that. They need to get Salem on every track for the album.

Staygold - Backseat by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I hadn't heard much about Salem before, but I am getting quite excited about him now I think. Plus this post has the genius line "imaginarily live in Sweden, like me"!! Amazing!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Mellis said...

They were amazing at P3 Gold! Performed 'Backseat' with Salem, Robyn and spank rock.
You should check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA9UA3CSnms

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, that's how I first heard it... on P3 Guld. I love the marching band uniforms!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mellis said...

Ah, me too! they were all very pretty (:
They said on the raido that it was Salem who came up with the sound for the song. I could never have guessed. Doesn't really sound like anything he's done before, no?

2:31 PM  
Blogger rcLoy said...

This is GOLD! :)

12:02 AM  
Anonymous kattis said...

I LOVE THIS SONG! Salem is great! :)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOO catchy, i love it! need more!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a "remix" of an old unreleased Salemsong, new bass and beats plus added vocalists - that's it!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home