Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

This Episode - The Movies


"I want the motion in the picture to be true"

It's always a treat when a band shoots me an email and I discover that their music actually fits the content of this blog. This Episode is exactly that type of band, an American boy/girl duo who are inspired by the classier melodies of the 80's. They cite U2's With Or Without You as a big inspiration, and I can see elements of that track in their work. There are two songs of theirs that I loved equally (the other being the stately Move On), but with the Oscar nominations this morning, I thought a song called The Movies would be appropriate today. It's an upbeat, fun track with a little bit of Deborah Harry in it (and something else that I can't quite put my finger on). The chorus is especially addictive. And best of all, I actually wrote about these guys about two and a half years ago! I'm glad to see that they're still at it (and getting better, it seems).

This Episode - The Movies by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home