Your Ad Here

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Ark - Superstar


"It doesn't matter who you see if you are the queen bee"

The time has finally come for a new Ark single. This event is like Christmas for me, eclipsed only by a new Ark album (ahem... April 26th) and I've gotta say, ever since hearing this early in the morning it's been stuck in my head. It's certainly classic Ark, blending the dynamic guitar riffs of past singles like Clamour For Glamour with the rockier sound of their In Lust We Trust album (hopefully this album's even half as good as that one). Expectedly, Ola flubs one of the English words, pronouncing "repertoire" as "reptu-are." It's not the first time the band have added their own pronunciation (intentional or not). It's kind of endearing, though you'd think one of the band's handlers would have alerted them to this since the word appears quite often. Still, it's a great song with an uplifting, anthemic message and the kind of bombast you'd expect from an Ark single. I bet it's not the best on the album, but it'll be big in Sweden, as it should be. And I will be playing it on a pretty much constant loop, as I should be.

Superstar by theark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their albums here (as if you don't already have them). Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Natasza said...

I think he sings "reptuar" there and it's some newly found dinosaur specie ;)

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Ark Army said...

Aaah, finally. The long awaited single. I am still getting over the "shock and awe" that Ola is getting married and is having a baby. Ok, back to the single. After the first listen I just felt so so. Not blown away. But the more I listen the more I love it.

I always thought it was funny how he sings "veecodin" in Rock City Wankers. Or maybe it's just me who thinks that. ;-)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

A.A., I completely agree with everything you wrote. The song, despite having a totally instant melody, is a grower. At first I thought there was something missing. Now I'm really settling in with it.

And yes about Rock City Wankers. I was going to use that as a reference in the blog post but couldn't remember the word. That was very endearing. This "repertoire" thing borders on a bit intrusive, but I'll live.

Very strange about the wife/baby thing. Happy for him, but it certainly changes his persona a little.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

it took me a couple of plays to get into it, but i'm quite pleased with it overall. It's made me quite excited for a new album...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home