Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Foxy Shazam - Oh Lord


"There is always a wrong to your right"

One hell of a tune for you today! I've got Paul to thank for this one, who recommended the band to me. He knows my tastes well, because this is a slam dunk. Foxy Shazam are epic with a capital "E". Imagine Freddie Mercury reincarnated and fronting an anthemic rock/punk/glam/pop/soul hybrid with energy to spare. It's like the sun exploding... I can't think of any better way to describe the fire in the vocals. Lead singer Eric Sean Nally has one of the most astonishing voices I've heard in quite some time. One listen to the brilliant Oh Lord and I was hooked. Foxy Shazam are certainly different, and that's increasingly harder to find these days. Their music is stuffed to the brim with a melding of genres and sounds, but unlike many "arty" bands, they haven't forgotten the hooks. Choruses are uniformly gigantic throughout the album, and this track is a perfect example of that. You'll be singing it for days. The part where the guitar chugs in after the end of the first chorus is perfection. Expect a full album review soon, because it's a winner. And check out the brilliant, campy video here. I want this band to be huge.

Foxy Shazam - Oh Lord by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

yay, i'm so pleased you like them! Usually I'm so far wide of the mark that I rarely get good feedback on recommendations. I feel all smug :P

3:18 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Seriously, Paul. I'm pretty much dying over this album so you have my continued thanks!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home