Your Ad Here

Monday, June 14, 2010

Delays - Unsung


"We're on a mission for your smile"

Delays have a new album coming out next week and, having heard clips, I'm really on the fence about it. I've come around to the fact that the band will never top 2006's You See Colours (one of the best pop albums ever), and that's not entirely a bad thing. I mean, being responsible for an album that perfect is a feat unto itself. Luckily for us, their new single Unsung could have fit on YSC quite nicely. From what I've heard, the new material is a lot darker than previous stuff, though I haven't heard the album in its entirety so I don't want to make any blanket statements. This single, though, stands out as a bright, uptempo pop track that deserves much more recognition that it seems to be getting at the moment. It's out today worldwide (yes, you can actually buy the mp3 in America!), so be sure to pick it up on itunes or amazon. I'll have a track-by-track review of the album when I hear it, and tomorrow... Scissor Sisters' new one!

Delays - Unsung by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

I bought the song after reading this post this morning--thanks for the the heads-up about it being available in the U.S., as well as for the initial tip about the song!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's a pretty good song... better than everything else on the album, sadly. The album edit has a really nice instrumental ending.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home