Your Ad Here

Friday, June 18, 2010

Foxy Shazam - I'm In Love With A Boy (+ extra performances)


Our love makes too much noise"

In lieu of a normal post today, I'm going to highlight a link to my favorite new discovery of 2010. As you all know, I've been obsessing over Foxy Shazam ever since their album landed in my hands in mid-April. The band recently sat down with SPIN for an acapella/acoustic performance of three songs, including a new one (the very promising sounding I'm In Love With A Boy). The strange performance highlights the band's undeniable freewheeling spirit as well as Eric's amazing vocals. I think they should be the biggest band on the planet, and I'm more than willing to do my (admittedly small) part in getting them there. Please watch the performance (I love the "dinner plans" breakdown in the middle of Evil Thoughts), and if for some reason you haven't seen the video for the epic Oh Lord, I've embedded it below. They're shooting a new music video soon, hopefully for the next single.

Watch the SPIN performance



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

they are all sorts of bonkers brilliant aren't they? I'd love to see them live - can't wait for them to do another video...

10:05 PM  
Blogger DanProject76 said...

Bloody hell, the album is £25.99 new direct purchase on Amazon UK! Thankfully there are some marketplace sellers on there... I need to buy it before the proper UK release. It's like Music Go Music all over again.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

They are so frickin' awesome. Thanks for posting this.

"our love makes too much noise"..... Love that!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home