Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Hoosiers - Choices


"I will let the wind decide"

This single has been floating around for awhile and I've been meaning to write about it for just as long. I was an admirer of some of the Hoosiers' singles from their debut album, but never fell in love with the album itself. But now... now is a different story. The band has built on its pop/rock sound and drawn influence from early 80's new wave bands. There's a strong Buggles feeling here, which is a relatively specific sound I've been waiting to come back for a long time. Choices is an ideal single selection, and a great bridge from their old stuff to their new stuff. The melody's sharp and the vocals don't grate like they sometimes did on older songs. In short, it's got all the ingredients to be their best single yet, which makes it all the more frustrating that radio doesn't seem to be picking it up. Maybe they're waiting until closer to the album (out in August). Speaking of the album, I've heard another track and it's literally just as good as this one. I never expected to anticipate a Hoosiers release as much as I'm anticipating this one. It can't come soon enough.

The Hoosiers - Choices by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

It's much better than i thought it would be, not having heard it before now. Very catchy - what I imagine the feeling were going for with I Thought It Was Over, but a more subtle and pleasing result.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Surprised that you hadn't heard this before. It's single-handedly made me giddy about the album. I just hope it doesn't end up disappointing, as most second albums seem to do :(

11:07 PM  
Blogger Poster Girl said...

I'm very interested in the album, too. I haven't heard any full songs besides this one, but the clips on Popjustice have assured me there will be more to it than just one great single.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home