Your Ad Here

Monday, July 05, 2010

Tove Stryke - Million Pieces


"I'm living by the minute"

Tove was my favorite contestant on Swedish Idol last year, and came in third. She has a unique vocal style, amazing stage presence and a quirky pop sensibility that was very welcome in an overall lackluster season. Her debut single plays to her strengths. She's going for the indie Robyn-type pop sound... exactly what I'd hoped for her. The track's heavy on the percussion, with an instantly catchy verse that's even stronger than the chorus. It starts out pretty tame and sparse, but grows as the song goes along. Overall, it's very cool, just as Tove was on TV. And as instant as the melody is, I have a feeling it's more of a grower than a surefire hit single. Either way, it's a promising start to a career I've been anticipating for some time now.

Tove Stryke - Million Pieces by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. No place to buy the single yet! Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home