Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Brandon Flowers - Was It Something I Said


"You've got me on my knees"

This new Brandon Flowers solo album is really screwing with me. Do I like it or not? To be honest, I'm still not quite sure. Sometimes when I listen, it just sounds like Killers music at its worst. Other times, I'm won over by its rootsy earnestness. So the verdict's still out, though I've gotta say my initial impressions of Crossfire have become much more positive as the summer's gone on. It's grown on me. Maybe the album will, too. One song that hit me instantly, though, was the Killers-esque Was It Something I Said. Maybe it's because it's the synthiest track on the album, but I can't help but thinking that this is how solo Brandon Flowers should sound. It's got that quirky indie vibe, but it's augmented with one of the hookiest choruses on the record and those new wave synths. It seems that, on the whole, he's aiming to create the kind of work that Sweden's Moneybrother cranks out so effortlessly. He's got a ways to go, but I'll keep listening to this in the hope that it'll grow as much as Crossfire did.

Brandon Flowers - Was It Something I Said by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ryan said...

I agree. I don't know what I think about this album. I love The Killers, but this isn't a Killers album at all and yet in some ways it really is. When trying to describe my feelings on this album, I feel like I'm talking myself in an infinite circle. Crossfire barely registered with me when it came out and it has slowly grown on me. But can I even give the album enough of a chance to do the same?

12:08 AM  
Blogger meyerprints said...

For all art and old print lovers,
Whether it is for decorating your interior, for a gift or simply for your own delight, you might want to check these few images by visiting our site at Meyer Antique Prints. Thank You!

Amateurs d'art et de gravures anciennes,
que se soit dans le but de décorer votre intérieur, de faire un cadeau ou de tout simplement vous faire plaisir, nous pensons que vous devriez regarder ces quelques images. en visitant notre site Meyer Antique Prints. Je vous remercie!



Disclaimer: If we have offended you by sending this to you by mistake, we apologize. Please reply 'NO' or 'Unsubscribe' to this email if not interested, so that we shall add you to our 'Do Not Contact Again' list.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home