Your Ad Here

Monday, October 18, 2010

Bryan Ferry - Heartache By Numbers


"I live for the moment"

I've been waiting for this one for awhile now, and it doesn't disappoint. This is the song that Bryan Ferry (of Roxy Music fame, of course) did with Scissor Sisters for his new album. If I were comparing it to SS's most recent material, I guess it's more Fire With Fire than anything else, though it really doesn't sound much like anything the band's written before. It's got a gentle, yet subtly soaring (if that makes any sense) sound to it, with an elegant choral hook and a general sense of grandeur that fits Ferry's vocals perfectly. That being said, I would love to hear a version with Jake's vocals as well.

Bryan Ferry - Heartache By Numbers by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Interesting stuff - i'd like to hear the scissters version to, but this is quite lovely indeed. I wasn't even aware of it's existence until now, so thanks for the heads up...

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home