Your Ad Here

Monday, October 04, 2010

Short Stack - Electric Romantics


"I'm killing romance in the name of love"

While Mcfly have been working on their new sci-fi oriented sound, another youthful pop/punk band may have beaten them to it. This band is Australia's Short Stack, and they are now officially amazing. They weren't amazing on their debut album (well, maybe a couple of songs were...), but they've shifted from trendy radio rock to something more symphonic. Grander, bigger. their new single Planets (first from the upcoming album) is a fantastic jump in quality, and well worth checking out. But it's this track, one of the b-sides on the EP, that has me buzzing about the album. I love everything about it. The rollicking guitar, the anthemic chorus, and the where-will-they-go-next verses. In a way, it sounds like something Green Day would've come up with for American Idiot, though it's definitely on the "pop" side of rock. I am officially obsessed, now. Sometimes it only takes one song.

Short Stack - Electric Romantics by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

I think I've found my new favorite group! THANKS!! Love it!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad to hear you liked it! I am so eager to hear the whole album. This song is my current addiction, for sure.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home