Your Ad Here

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Potbelleez - Hello


"We're gonna lose control"

It's amazing what a band name can do. A good one gets me excited about the music before I've even heard a note. A bad one, like The Potbelleez, literally keeps me from listening to the band's work. I've known of this Irish/Australian dance group for awhile now (they're huge in Australia) but never bothered to listen to any of their music because I figured it would be as unappealing as their name. I guess they always say 'don't judge a book by its cover'... and I'll add 'don't judge a band by its name' because this is quite good. Hello is one of their most recent singles and it's a great radio-ready dance track. The melody and hook are about as simple as it gets, but the vocals and production are top notch. It's definitely a summer song, which is kind of ironic because it is snowing and bitter cold here at alienhits HQ right now. I guess I'm just imagining a beach somewhere.

The Potbelleez - Hello by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their albums here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home