Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 20 Albums of 2010: 2-1

2. Robyn - Body Talk Pts I-III



This was a tough one. If I were to choose my favorite tracks from the vast amount released during this project, I could easily cull together an album of the year. But I’ve decided to judge the project as a whole. Yes, there were a (very) few clunkers, but my god this woman is amazing. If Lady Gaga was he savior of pop music in 2009, then the title certainly goes to Robyn this year. The sheer amount of creativity and quality across these twenty-one tracks is something to marvel at. She is the female pop star of the year, without a doubt.

Facebook

1. Foxy Shazam - Foxy Shazam



My musical discovery of the year. Following the trends of this countdown, they were a band that, previous to this, released material that wasn't something I would listen to. But with this album, they chose to go big. And there was no bigger album this year than Foxy Shazam. Taking elements from epic artists like Queen and Meat Loaf and filtering them through Eric Nally’s otherworldly howl of a voice, the band managed to create an album that does it all. Music like this is timeless. It’s melodic, blistering, bombastic and dramatic. Funny, sad, blissful. In short, it absolutely blew me away. They sound ready to conquer the world, and with any luck they will. The world deserves them.

Facebook

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Yay. I was hoping "Foxy" would be No.1.

This is the definitely the top album of 2010.

If you get a chance, you have to see them live next year. They are so much fun.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm dying to. But what I want even more than that is another album :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger arkangelhead said...

Yay, Foxy! They are definitely one of our top faves of the year too! What a fun band and a MUST SEE live, whenever you can! Like a crazy, rock n roll Cirque du Soleil! :0)

4:50 PM  
Blogger arkangelhead said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home