Your Ad Here

Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Ark - Breaking Up With God


"Find my own heaven alive"

I don't usually post on weekends, but what would an Ark tribute be without a reveal of their new single? I've been listening to this for several days now, and I can safely say that this is up with their best material. While I was disappointed with their last album, this is truly a return to form. It's a combination of all of their best sounds -- epic glam rock, 80's style disco, and thoughtful, uplifting lyrics both skewering and celebrating religion. It's a brilliant way to end their career (love those choirs and guitars in the middle eight) and really makes the whole idea of a band break-up that much more bittersweet. I wasn't sure they still had this kind of song in them (production from the man behind In Lust We Trust certainly helps). This is the song I've been waiting for!

Breaking Up With God by theark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single (worldwide) here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger alesta said...

YES! You're right! Wow, gotta dl when it's available. Shouldn't be long.

Their break up doesn't worry me that much. I guess Ola will continue writing and releasing fab songs on his own. He was the band after all.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Glad you like it! I have a feeling it's going to be a fan favorite.

If you're interested, the song's already downloadable from the link I posted. :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Pop, Rinse, Repeat said...

Nick, All I can say is thank you for introducing me to The Ark. They have become one of my all time favorite bands and it it not been for the internet, I would have never heard them living in the US. I have told all my friends about them and there are a ton of fans here. I am sad they are breaking up but I would much rather them go out on top than drag around and make records that are sub par. Thanks again for the introduction.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Since you first helped me download this, it's been stuck in my head. I wake up and start humming it. Just like I used to do with every great Ark song in the past.

10:32 PM  
Blogger flowerowl said...

...Just think that I need to write something at this point. I previously thought it would be hard for me to feel something for their break-up since it has been a while for not having such an excitement like this track...But as you said "It's a brilliant way to end their career", the more brilliant, the more I will miss them I guess...one thing for sure is this song will be saved in my ipod when I work out in the gym for the rest days of 2011.

5:52 AM  
Blogger alesta said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:38 PM  
Blogger alesta said...

It's already on Spotify!
http://open.spotify.com/track/39L61hG4kdlapBnjpK8r1a

1:39 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm thrilled to hear how excited you guys are over this. I'm over-the-moon with the sound of this single.

And Wes, if I've introduced you to the Ark, then these past five years on the blog are worth it! :)

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Find my own heaven alive"

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Absolutely great!!!
Heard the song two ago on the radio and finally found it here with good sound quality.
THANX A LOT for uploading.

Alex

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home