Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Sounds - Something To Die For


"Don't say goodbye, just leave an open door"

To The Sounds: Thank you! All is forgiven. I say this because I was not a huge fan of the last album. This was a little difficult for me because I thought the first two albums were about as close to perfect as possible. I'm not sure what happened with that last one, and I know a lot of people liked it just fine, but the sound and songs just didn't coalesce the way the band's best work does. But so far, the tracks from their upcoming release have me very excited for what's in store. Teaser track, Better Off Dead, was great, but this song --the single-- is even better. I've heard some people say it's "boring" or "doesn't sound like the band," but to me this is exactly what I want from the Sounds. It's like a cut from their first album -- simple melody, heavy on the electronics, with snotty, charisma-filled vocals. That squiggly bit before the chorus is immense. If the rest of the album's this good, then I can't wait to hear it.

The Sounds - Something To Die For by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Damian said...

Love it too! Never was really well familiar with The Sounds but these two new tracks have made me a fan. Guys definitely know how to write great tunes.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Calle said...

This song is great! Im already addicted to it!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home