Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Sounds - Dance With The Devil


"We conquer our planet with dance"

Yes! This is exactly what I'd hoped for in new Sounds music. I've been enjoying their new album for awhile now, but this remains the definite standout. The last album was too rocky and generic for me, but this new one ups the pop and dance and is that much better for it. After an extended intro, Dance With The Devil opens the album with a thunderous synth attack. The verses have all the grandeur of a modern Final Countdown pushed onto the dancefloor. It's the kind of track that is instantly impressive and catchy from the first chorus. It's also a fists-in-the-air rallying cry -- something I've missed from the band recently. The album's self-produced, and it turns out that that decision has led to a creative resurgence. I'll have an album review up soon, but will probably end up skipping a post tomorrow since I'll be driving down to Seattle after work. See you next week!

The Sounds - Dance With The Devil by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Renzo said...

I love The Sounds since Dying to Say This to You, and this new album is definitely brilliant!

Could you put the lyrics of 'Dance With The Devil', please? I love that song so much :D

8:29 AM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Just listened to sound samples on Amazon and it sounded pretty darn good. They are also a great live band.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home