Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kite - Stand Back


"Didn't you know?"

Indie-electro Swedish duo are back with a specially recorded track for the music event “Arvika Festivalen.” I’m always interested in what they’re doing, even if I wasn’t all that impressed with their last EP. This track is a kind of rebound for them in my eyes. Even on the first listen, I was taken by its sweeping (yet experimental) melodies. There are places, and maybe it’s just me, where it reminds me of the second part of the We Are The World chorus (you know, the "there's a choice we're making" part). That’s a strange comparison, I know, but it really jumped out at me. Amidst the slightly eerie electronics and surging bed of synths, I also get sort of an electro pop camp singalong vibe from it. I know, I know. I’m just full of weird comparisons today. It’s no Kumbaya (thank god!), but it’s got that big, sing-it-together-next-to-a-campfire feeling.

Kite-Stand Back by ProgressProductions

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home