Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Foxy Shazam - Drain You


"It is now my duty to completely drain you"

SPIN Magazine has done something kind of cool and released a free album of indie bands covering Nirvana tunes. This alone wouldn't interest me all that much, as I've never really been more than a casual Nirvana fan, but one of the coverers (?) is none other than Foxy Shazam. I don't think I'm anticipating anything more in the music world than Foxy's next album (whenever that'll be... hopefully soon). And while I prefer them doing original (and more melodic) stuff, this is a nice little treat while we're waiting for their comeback. The song they've covered is Drain You, which isn't one of my favorites, but they've foxy'ed it up and... well, I'm a bit of a completist so this is something I am definitely keeping (even though it's not exactly my cup of tea). I would have loved to hear them tackle Teen Spirit, with Eric in full voice on the chorus.

Foxy Shazam - Drain You by holyemre

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Get the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Santi (Spain) said...

A suggestion:

MOMOFOKO "What you want to hear"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-POKiGkGgs

Congratulations for your blog.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Not a Nirvana fan but Foxy makes everything sound better. Also loved the cover they did from Jesus Christ Superstar a while back.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous xlpharmacy said...

Ark sorry for saying this, but what the hell are you talking about? how can you say this? Foxy sound better than Nirvana? I feel insulted!!!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home