Your Ad Here

Monday, August 29, 2011

Lady Gaga - Yoü and I (Mark Taylor Remix)


"Sit back down where you belong"

RE: The MTV VMAs. Thank god for Gaga! Seriously, without her brand of craziness, the show last night would have been pretty boring. I found it kind of entertaining to count the number of the show's attendees who tried to dress "crazy" in the mold of Gaga and couldn't pull it off. I mean, I love Katy Perry, but she can't give the weird outfit thing the commitment it requires (the block of cheese... or whatever it was... on her head just looked stupid). Lady Gaga's choice to drag it up throughout the entire show may have been bizarre, but she committed to it fully (so much so, it was kind of scary!). As always, she was a compelling watch. Her performance, too, was utterly captivating in its sheer ambition and balls-to-the-wall nerve. She is IT. A complete star. And the more I hear this song, the more I like it as a single. I was particularly pleased that she decided to segue into what sounded like this remix for the dancing portion. It's an excellent uptempo transformation of the song. Who would have ever thought you could square dance to Lady Gaga? (Oh, and I haven't had a chance to mention it here yet, but the song's video is one of her best)

Lady Gaga - Yoü and I (Mark Taylor remix) by stefanmonster

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous ArkArmy said...

I just love her and her Joe Calderone alter ego. Too effin funny. Best part of the VMA's fo sho. She is such an amazing entertainer with a great message for the underdog. God bless her.

10:57 PM  
Blogger rcLoy said...

And who would have thought an awesome song like You and I after getting a proper remix would sound so amazing as well. Jo is the man.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home