Your Ad Here

Friday, August 12, 2011

Studio Killers - Ode To The Bouncer


"Let me in or I'll get physical with you"

This is one of those songs that's been on my "needs to be posted on alienhits" list for a long time. I absolutely love it, but for whatever reason haven't come around to sharing it until today. While the trio's various webpages shroud their whereabouts in mystery, I believe this is a Danish/Scandinavian band. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if they're actually from "London" and "Hawaii" as we're meant to believe, they have an extremely Danish sound. In fact, this track takes equal parts from two of my favorite Danish bands, Oh No Ono and Private. It's an incredibly catchy mix of plastic pop and dance, with influences both retro and futuristic. I don't think a better song has been written about bouncers. And if you haven't watched the video (below) yet, it's a must see. So creative/clever/funny/cool! Now if they'd only release a follow-up single. I want more.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that a lot, cheers! A bit shocked that there is suggestion that that is the lead singer of the now (sadly) defunct The Crash. And yet it could be true!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home