Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reece Mastin - Good Night


"Let's go back to rock and roll"

Yes, I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to X-Factor. I'm currently watching three (UK, US and AU), though the Australian version ended this week. And unlike the trainwreck that is the US version (I'm watching purely out of loyalty, enjoying none of it), the Aussies got it completely right with their winner, Reece Mastin. Sometimes I think people need to be reminded of the definition of the show's title. From the beginning, Reece had undeniable x-factor. I'd argue that he's the best contestant in all three series, but even so, the Australian version had the best contestants this year so it was a hard fight to the finish. This is his winners' song. And in a refreshing surprise, it's not a ballad. Yeah, the melody and production might as well be Pink's Raise Your Glass, but at least it's current and radio-ready (unlike 99% of the winners' singles). Reece was amazing throughout the show (this and this and this) and even got to duet with the always wonderful Kylie Minogue in the final. I have a feeling they'll try to launch this kid internationally like they're doing with One Direction. I hope so! (and at 16--correct me if I'm wrong--he may be the youngest winner in the show's history. though how old was that Martin kid from Denmark when he won?)



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Watch his X-factor journey here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home