Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Sound Of Arrows - There Is Still Hope


"In the darkest hour, there is still hope"

Absolutely euphoric. That's about all I can say when it comes to The Sound Of Arrows' debut album. it may sound like hyperbole, but with the release of Voyage, these guys may have just saved the modern pop album. This track comprises the album's conclusion, so I almost feel wrong offering it for sample out of context. It works best as an earned climax to the journey that the album takes you on, but it's just so damn good that I need people to hear it. If this doesn't make you want to get the album, I don't know what will. At nearly eight minutes, it's the longest, most epic track on the album. Though believe me, it speeds by and almost (in a strange way) seems too short. The grandiose opening will grab your attention, but once those drums usher in that anthemic melody of the verses, you'll be pumping your fist along. In some ways, it's the closest these guys get to a "Don't Stop Believing" moment, though this is not nearly as straightforward. Ugh. It's brilliant. You've gotta play this album loud. Believe me.

The Sound Of Arrows - There Is Still Hope by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Talbot May said...

It's a brilliant album indeed. My own thought of concern is with the iTunes release. It comes with two bonus tracks that fall after this track.

This track sweeps in and concludes the album and then the bonus tracks play as like an encore ending. It would have been nice to work the bonus tracks into the track list and then still have this track finish it off, though Dark Sun does a really great job ending the album for a second time.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

While "There is still hope" is the definitive album closer, I think the instrumental track, "Lost city" is like the perfect song to be playing over the end credits... particularly since this is a very visual, cinematic album.

I'll probably take "Disappear" and add it to an EP with "After the silence," separate from the album.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

I adore this album pretty much more than any other album that's come out this year, even more than the new ones by Frankmusik, Dirty Vegas, and Katy B (all of which I love). I must make sure I don't overlisten to it...

6:08 PM  
Blogger swedishsongs said...

I imagine my own sci-fi movie when I listen to this album. "There is Still Hope" and "Lost City" would be the soundtrack of epic scenes as "meteor collides against Earth", "spaceship landing in a inhospitable planet"... Voyage makes me feel so tiny before the vastness of outer space.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home