Your Ad Here

Monday, February 27, 2012

Crown Jewel Defense - Mandy


"It feels like the walls are closing in"

Saturday night, I went to the Darkness/Foxy Shazam/Crown Jewel Defense concert in Seattle. Though I love the Darkness (and they were great), it was all honestly about Foxy Shazam for me. They are, far and away, the best American band out right now. And what an incredible live act! That Eric Nally sure is a star. They were opening for the Darkness, but opening for them was a new-ish band called Crown Jewel Defense. They're more on the hair metal side, though there is a healthy dose of glam (they even had glitter guns!) in their music. I scored their newest EP, but I wanted to post a song that's not on it in the hope of prodding them to use this kind of 80's synth more often. In fact, my favorite part of Mandy is the new wave-esque opening. Unfortunately, the band have disabled embedding of the soundcloud streaming, so you're going to have to click on the link below to hear it.

Mandy

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home