Your Ad Here

Monday, April 16, 2012

Maniac - Give It Up


"It's written in the cards"

I went to the Foxy Shazam show in Seattle this weekend and (of course) they were brilliant. Since I'd seen them before, I was really interested in watching the opening acts they'd selected. My favorite was Maniac, an indie-pop duo from California. They've got an incredibly quirky sound--a mix of almost every time period and genre you could imagine. As someone who studies pop music, I really appreciated this. I also appreciated the way that each band was dressed up as their own "character." They were certainly a colorful bunch! Give It Up is a great example of their gift for catchy hooks. It's on the dancier side of their material, and actually reminds me a bit of Denmark's now-defunct pop band Superheroes. They're definitely one to watch!

No embeddable link (lame), so you'll have to click here.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous ArkArmy said...

Great song. Foxy seems to pick some good opening bands always. Hope you had fun at the concert. Gaga is touring w. the Darkness in Europe this year, how cool would it be if she took Foxy Shazam with her on her US tour. One can only hope.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home