Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Wanted - Chasing The Sun


"We're gonna play in the dark until it's golden again"

I couldn't be happier that the Wanted and One Direction have become the new breed of "boyband" in the States. Screw the cheesy connotations that come to mind with the whole "boyband" label. I honestly don't care about that stuff. What's important to me is that there seems to finally be a resurgence of quality radio pop music. The Wanted have released two excellent albums in the UK (which I've covered here on this blog) and are set to release their first US release next week. It's a combination of some of the tracks from each UK album and a couple new ones. Chasing The Sun is one of the new ones, and the next single. It's basically Glad You Came part II, but I think I actually like it better. The "oh oh oh" chorus hook is deceptively simple, yet incredibly effective. I'm pretty addicted already. Now if they'll just give All Time Low a second chance as their next single. I really think 1D's What Makes You Beautiful is 2012's Bye Bye Bye and All Time Low could be this year's I Want It That Way. Worth noting: a low quality youtube rip doesn't do this single justice, so make sure to check it out on itunes!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home