Your Ad Here

Monday, July 09, 2012

Amelia Lily - You Bring Me Joy


"I'm done with all the pain"

I don't generally like to post radio rips or incomplete tracks, but I'm too excited about this one to let it go without a few words. Amelia Lily was my favorite contestant of last year's UK X-Factor. She certainly had the most interesting journey, being voted off at the start by the judges and then voted back in by the public. Despite loving her, I didn't have high hopes for the music she'd make afterward. I really just expected a UK version of Kelly Clarkson. Then I heard that she was working with Xenomania and my interest was instantly piqued. I was hoping for something that sounded like one of their Girls Aloud tracks and, lo and behold, that's exactly what I got! You Bring Me Joy is an epic pop/dance track. What it lacks in complicated melody it more than makes up for in pure oomph. On first listen, it's incredibly simple, almost to the point of thinking: is this it? But give it a few more plays and you'll be fist pumping along with it. Also, she sounds fantastic--so sleek and confident. I can't wait to hear the complete, HQ version.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. No album to preorder yet, but keep your eyes out! Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cammiixx said...

LOVEEEE IT!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home