Your Ad Here

Monday, September 03, 2012

Private - Everywhere (ft. Genasis)


"Girl, I'll take you everywhere"

I've been waiting for this for years now. I'm a huge fan of Thomas Troelsen's work. I love his stuff with Superheroes, Junior Senior, and a host of varying European artists. But most of all, I'm obsessed with his very best project: Private. Private used to be a trio and released a flawless pop album five years ago. It appears that the band name is now just a moniker for Troelsen himself, but that's no biggie. I'm just glad that he's finally back with new music! Everywhere is his first single in over four years and, as such, the sound is a little different. It's much more warm and anthemic than most of the Private album and, most notably, features a prominent rap section. This was a bit jarring for me at first, but I've grown to understand how it fits into the puzzle. Most of all, the song sounds like a lost Prince track from the 80's. Obviously, that's no bad thing. Now I hope there's not another long wait before an album's released, because I don't think I could handle it.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home