Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Olly Murs - The One


"The rivers subside for you"

I never really found Olly Murs all that special when he was in X-Factor, but my appreciation of his talent has grown with each passing album. In addition to being the perfect co-host of Xtra Factor, he's now released three very strong pop albums. While Dear Darling is the track I can't get out of my head, my instant standout on the new album isn't actually a proper album track at all. It's only available on the deluxe version (for some inconceivable reason). The One features an extremely hooky verse and a chorus that I find very uplifting, soulful and raw. It doesn't feel try-hard, but instead reaches its anthem status naturally and completely wins you over by the end.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loni Parker said...

I've not come across anyone who thought the same as me about this song until I read your post but I guess not everyone has the deluxe version. I think it's great and I love singing it when I'm in the shower. I've actually been looking into getting my own special karaoke album and I plan to add this song to it. I've contacted Sing To The World to see if they'd be willing to make a bespoke karaoke dvd for me but they haven't got back to me yet. I'd love to have it for Christmas, it would be perfect for when friends and family come round.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home