Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nicole Sabouné - Unseen Footage From A Forthcoming Funeral


"The gate is wide and the road is straight"

Have you ever been in one of those phases where you just keep going back and replaying the same two songs over and over again because they're so amazing but also the only two songs that the artist has released so far? I am in this phase with Nicole Sabouné. Her music is really just becoming an obsession for me. It's the exact style of pop/rock that first drew me to Swedish music a decade ago. Conquer Or Suffer is my favorite new song of the year, and her previous single Unseen Footage From A Forthcoming Funeral is nearly as good. It's a fantastically retro slice of 80's alternative rock (with a cool/creepy video). Sometimes the most simple melodies are the most effective, and this is especially true with this song. Taken together, her two singles are an amazing statement of intent that I hope carries forward to a full length album soon. This woman needs to become massive, and I need a debut album ASAP, if only so I don't wear out these tracks.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home