Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Kensington - Home Again


"We're running a long way home"

I don't feature nearly enough modern music from the Netherlands on this blog. I say "modern," because if you've been reading for awhile, you'll know that I have a special place in my heart for the uber-cheesy wave of pop that hit the country from the late 70's to the early 80's. This song, though, is not cheesy. In fact, it's a galvanizing soft-rock track that sounds a bit like a sequel to Eagle Eye Cherry's 90's hit Save Tonight, mixed with a Kings of Leon-esque anthemic hook. And as awesome as that chorus is, it was the melody of the verses that first caught my ear. It's got this twisting, sing song sound to it that proves to be instantly catchy. Then the hook hits you like a sledgehammer and there's no doubt to the band's awesomeness.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home