Your Ad Here

Friday, April 26, 2013

Shinee - Why So Serious?


I told you I would write about Shinee's new single as soon as it was released! I was immensely impressed with their first album of the year and its accompanying single, Dream Girl. Why So Serious doesn't sound like either, but that's no bad thing. I love the track's rock-elements, which are taken to an almost cheesy level of bombast. The verses are a bit of a mess, but that chorus is clear as a bell. I love how the melody lifts in unexpected directions, speeding up and slowing down. It's a real interesting choice for a lead single. I haven't listened to the entirety of the new album yet, but what I've heard so far isn't hitting me as strongly as the last one. I'll give it time to grow, but so far it sounds slower and less interesting overall. We'll see. Many are claiming that this track is the worst on the album. At this point, I'd say the exact opposite.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home