Your Ad Here

Friday, June 14, 2013

Against Me! - White Crosses & I Was A Teenage Anarchist


"White crosses on the church lawn, I wanna smash them all"

Sometimes you're just three years late. I was travelling to Kentucky last week and listening to the newly launched EW radio on Sirius XM. They played this song I Was A Teenage Anarchist by punk band Against Me and I was instantly smitten. Of course, I knew about Against Me prior to this. I remember reading great reviews of their 2007 album New Wave, but I always thought they were too "punk" for me. And a lot of their songs are not exactly to my tastes. But I think it's awesome that their lead singer came out as transgendered and that they write political lyrics in an age of cut and paste rock music. Lead singer Laura Jane Grace's voice reminds me of a growlier John Cameron Mitchell of Hedwig & The Angry Inch fame. The first four tracks off their 2010 album White Crosses, are nothing short of epic. I wanted to share the first two today in the hope that you guys will be as pumped about them as I am. I love this kind of highly charged, soaring anthemic punk rock (kinda reminds me of Foxy Shazam, who also released their best work in 2010). It's never too late to discover an awesome band.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their music here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home