Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home (ft. Majid Jordan)


"You're a good girl and you know it"

I would have never anticipated posting a song by Drake on here. Nothing against the guy, but it's extremely rare that a track by a North American hip-hop artist gets me even marginally excited. Of course, this isn't really hip-hop. In fact, if I were to listen to it without any information, I'd think it had been performed by some 80's-worshipping indie band. From start to finish, it's chilled out, wonderfully melodic 80's soul. I love the little blips and flourishes in the production, brightening up what is otherwise a pretty spare arrangement. I doubt that Drake is moving full tilt into this genre, but I'd really like to hear more from him like this. It's certainly a nice surprise.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's Canadian!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Duh! *fixed*

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog has really gone down. Started off with a good mix of excellent European adn Scandinavian acts like The Sound of Arrows and Kylie Minogue.

Now you're posting about cheap K-pop artists with their disposable pop songs that won't last more than a year (I listened to K-pop 2002 to 2006, their songs are so disposable), Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber and Drake. This blog has really gone down...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Sorry you feel that way. You must have missed the four Scandinavian (Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian) songs I posted in the last two weeks.

This blog has never had any other agenda beyond to represent what I'm listening to at the time. I prefer to think that my taste has just expanded from one region to the entire world. When I first started, in 2006, Scandinavia and the UK were the only regions that I thought were making good music (and yeah, K-pop of that era was pretty lame). Now, Europe is oftentimes eclipsed by the creative output in other parts of the world... including North America (which was a musical wasteland in 2006). Just my opinion.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home