Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mikky Ekko - Kids


"Kids are gonna do what they want"

I'm not sure how I missed this track. I mean, I (like everyone else) heard and enjoyed Mikky's portion of Stay, the big Rihanna ballad this summer. I guess that wasn't enough to clue me into the fact that this guy could make interesting music on his own as well. Kids is just that... a midtempo rock/pop/electro hybrid that sounds kind of like something that MGMT would have released this year had they not gone all experimental. If you don't like it at first, wait until the synths come in during the chorus. It's not a hit-you-over-the-head bombastic anthem, but it definitely gets the job done and makes me very curious to see what his eventual album will be like.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home