Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Telegraph - Rewind


"I wanna make you mine"

Melodifestivalen (ie: one of my favorite times of the year) coverage starts tomorrow, but in the calm before the storm I've got an excellent power-pop track by a promising new American band. As I'm sure all you readers know, I'm a nut for big guitar-riffed, 80's inspired rock. That's one of the reasons the new One Direction record was such a nice surprise. Telegraph are obviously indebted to that sound as well. They describe their music as perched somewhere between 80's bands like Def Leppard and Van Halen and modern pop like Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson. I'm not sure I'm hearing either of these extremes in their debut single, but that doesn't mean it's not a great little slice of power pop. Based on this track, I'd actually compare them more to a band like Fountains Of Wayne from the early 00's. Still, I'm sure they've got other sides to show us. Either way, this is an incredibly promising start and I'll definitely be curious to see what they do next.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Download the single for free here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home