Your Ad Here

Friday, March 07, 2014

Melodifestivalen Favorites: Lena Philipsson - Det gör ont


I have a lot of work to do when it comes to catching up with Lena Philipsson's back catalog. She's been around since the late 80's and most of her stuff from back then is English-language, high energy dance/club music. In the past decade or so, she's returned to singing in Swedish. This song, the winner of Melodifestivalen 2004, happens to have been released in both languages. When I think of epic, classic all-out schlager that's actually won the competition in its modern incarnation, this is really the sterling example. I mean, it's just pure, unadulterated joy. It's the kind of song that, to me, exists solely because of things like MF and Eurovision, and it's the reason why I'm so grateful for this platform. Too much of music is trying to be "cool" or "serious" or "deep." But you know what? I take this very seriously, I find it effortlessly cool and in my opinion, there is something very deep about the blitz a sugar rush like this gifts its listener.

Det gör ont by Lena Philipsson on Grooveshark

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home