Your Ad Here

Monday, March 03, 2014

Melodifestivalen Week - Looking at the Final


I thought I'd focus on Melodifestivalen all this week, leading up to the final on Saturday. Before I get into some of my favorite MF songs (past and present) over the next few days, let's look at what this weekend's final will look like, in the order the artists will perform:

1. Anton Ewald - Natural
2. Ellen Benediktson - Songbird
3. Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco
4. Oscar Zia - Yes We Can
5. Linus Svenning - Bröder
6. Helena Paparizou - Survivor
7. Yohio - To The End
8. Sanna Nielsen - Undo
9. Panetoz - Efter solsken
10. Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothin

It's an interesting (and strong) line-up, and marks the first time in awhile where I genuinely like every single song. I can't say there's an entry I can get passionate about this year (like Ulrik's in 2013 or Loreen's in 2012), but I wouldn't be disappointed with any of these acts winning.

I feel like the public votes will probably end up going to mostly Sanna and Ace, with a few others having an outside chance as well. It's the jury vote that will really decide things. As of today, I'm feeling like Sanna still has this sewn up. I wasn't too happy about that a week or two ago, as I thought she had WAY stronger entries in the past, but then I heard the recorded studio version of Undo and it all clicked for me. I wouldn't mind seeing her win. Not my favorite, but at least it would be a worthy winner. And I love her.

That said, even though my two favorite songs of the year aren't in the final, here's what I would vote for if it was up to me:

1st - Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco
2nd - Yohio - To The End
3rd - Oscar Zia - Yes We Can
4th - Anton Ewald - Natural
5th - Sanna Nielsen - Undo
6th - Linus Svenning - Bröder
7th - Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothin
8th - Panetoz - Efter solsken
9th - Helena Paparizou - Survivor (sorry! I know a lot of folks are fans!)
10th - Ellen Benediktson - Songbird

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home