Your Ad Here

Friday, April 11, 2014

Sheppard - Geronimo


"Can you feel my love?"

Mark my words: in a couple of months, this song is going to be everywhere. Sibling/friend band Sheppard has taken their native Australia by storm and it's just a matter of time before the rest of the world discovers them. They straddle the line between Mumford & Sons-esque folk elements (not my favorite thing) and sunny pop harmonies (much better). It's basically jolly, happy music that makes you feel good. Up until this new single, they were a promising act with a couple of decent tunes. Geronimo, though, blows everything out of the water. It is simply one of the catchiest songs I've heard in some time, screaming for ubiquity in advertisements and movie trailers. Hopefully that doesn't happen, since it tends to make me dislike even a great song, but if the band and their management play their cards right, global domination is theirs. For now, it's an immensely enjoyable, rousing pop single perfect for the upcoming summer season.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home