Your Ad Here

Monday, May 26, 2014

Kliff - Maija


I've been waiting for this song/music video to premiere. Finnish band Kliff's debut single, Mun Jopo, has unexpectedly become one of my favorite singles of the year so far. When the guys posted a clip of Maija a few weeks ago, I couldn't wait to hear the full thing. There's something so addictive about this Euro-dance-hip-hop-dubstep-boyband sound they've got going. I don't think I'll become quite as obsessed as I was with Mun Jopo, but you can't deny the awesomeness and immediacy of the chorus here. Honestly, Finland is killing it right now when it comes to pop music. It's been one of the most pleasant surprises for me over the past couple of years. They've got some great songwriters and producers in their corner of Scandinavia. Maybe one day they'll give Sweden a run for their money?



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kent said...

I'm finding myself oddly intrigued by Finnish music lately too. "Mun Jopo" is probably my favourite song of the year so far, so I was definitely looking forward to hearing "Maija". Like you, I don't think it quite stands up to "Mun Jopo", but I'm very much enjoying it nonetheless.

I also enjoyed a lot of Isac Elliot's music last year, and Justimus' "Wunderboy" this year.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home