Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Dami Im - Super Love


"They can't bring us down, down, down"

I adored Dami Im when she was on (and won) Australian X-Factor. Weird, then, that when her debut single was released a few weeks ago, I had an initial reaction that was kind of cold. The cartoony outfit they stuck her in for parts of the music video certainly didn't help. More than that, I dismissed the track as an EDM, Avicii rip-off, which I am so so sick of. And that's partly true. It is a rip-off, down to that country-esque breakdown that they haven't quite committed to after the chorus. But then something strange happened. The melody stuck. And stuck. And I can't get it out of my head. The song has gotten better with every single listen and I'm now a total convert. Judging from the Australian itunes charts, I'm not the only one. Dami Im's voice remains remarkable, and cuts through any calculation that might otherwise sink the song. This is good stuff, and I'm angry with myself for not realizing it right off the bat. Plus, Dami recently met with K-Pop Star BoA, and her surprised enthusiasm reminded me just why I fell in love with her in the first place.

Super Love by Dami Im on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well, i want say that dami's song is amazing, she is #8 on itunes.. and i don't know much about avicci or whatever only 1,song and i saw another brother or something like that! anyway.. dami or some artists can't use the banjo ??? come on. maybe the only guilty is sony music but not Dami. dami's song start with PIANO, then POP thing,and Banjo. is a perfect pop song.not only Things with computer. :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dami <3

8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and "thanks" for the post.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I hope you understand that this was a positive post. I adore Dami Im and have since the beginning of XF. But that doesn't mean I can't be critical as well. If you read the post, you'll find that I actually love the song, despite its trendy nature.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home